Wake Up: 8:30am 9.5 hours of sleep last night. Ahhh! Walked Annie to school in the bitter cold. It's so stinkin' cold here right now I have no desire to leave the house, or exercise, or anything!

Breakfast: 9:30am

Eggs mixed with 1/2 a red onion that I sautéed down until it was sweet. An apple and some avocado. Kept it super simple this morning and don't have much appetite. I have a stressful meeting this afternoon that I've been worried about for a few days now.

photo 4

Lunch: 1:00pm

Zowzers! I forgot to take a photo. My brain was really preoccupied by the meeting I had coming up and I went and heated up a bowl of soup and topped it with my BBQ Pulled Pork and then I just dug into it before I took a photo. Oops! It was delicious and filled me up. Tummy still "concerned" and not very hungry.

Dinner: 6:00pm

Meeting was over and I finally felt like I could breathe again. Troy wanted pizza and beer and cookie dough for dinner. Awesome. I had a stressful day and it was going to take some commitment to not eat the pizza because stress was telling me I deserved it. Even after 30 days I still want to eat things that aren't good for me when I'm stressed. Also, the only thing we had left in the house to eat was the soup I had for lunch. So I rode to the pizza place with him but went next door to Sprouts and picked up some veggies. We STORM through the veggies and fruit in the house right now, nothing is going to waste! I picked up snap peas, tomatoes, bell peppers, lettuce, avocados and make a big salad when we got home. I topped it with plenty of pulled pork and dumped some Apple Avocado Vinaigrette all over it. It wasn't pizza, but after I removed myself from the room that had the pizza and the pizza smells in it I was fine to sit and eat my salad. It was tasty.

photo 3

Snack: 8:30pm

I hap popped some veggies in the oven to roast. It was more of my kobucha squash, brussels sprouts, and pears. Then topped with pomegranate seeds. When that got out of the oven I put it in a Tupperware, but then at 8:30 I went and served myself up a bowl. Nice snack!

So, I Did 30 Days:

I did weigh myself today. I haven't tossed the scale, but the number was just like an "okeydokey" more than anything. I went from 139.3 to 134.0, so about 5 pounds. I'm hoping most of this was water weight from inflammation because I really don't want to be eating in a way permanently that puts me on a weight loss trend. I took some after pictures. I feel leaner, but still strong. I feel less puffy and inflamed. I get a headache when I am under stress, but it is not a daily occurrence. My mood is more a reflection of what's going on in my life than what my blood sugar is doing. I am able to handle what's going on in life easier. My recovery from Ironman was very quick and smooth. I learned a ton of new recipes. I don't crave sugar. I don't crave bread or pastries, or cookies, or crackers. I am eating many many more foods that I love on a daily basis.

photo 2

photo 1

So as you can see, I'm basically the same old me! Bangin' machine of a body before, and banging' machine of a body after!!! Hahahah!!!

Nothing big on body changes, most of mine were "inside the body" changes. So, next up, I'm going to take the next 15 days and make it a Whole45. The goal of these 15 days is to really lock down the PRE, and POST workout meals and I plan to exercise/move my body all 15 of those days. So I will still be Whole 30, and will just be figuring out how to really take this into the future. Lots of posts to come! Thanks for following along on these 30 days. I really just started this blog to give myself some accountability and in return I have been awarded with some great new friends along the way!